Have you ever looked at a movie star or musical entertainer and been envious of their seemingly perfect smile? It’s ok, we’ve all done it once or twice. The real question is would you like the same aesthetically pleasing smile? If so you’re in luck, Dr. Rebecca Bork offers dental veneers as a cosmetic dentistry treatment to fix any oral misfortunes and to enhance your smile. Dental veneers are thin shell-like coverings that are placed over the surface of your teeth to cover up any cosmetic issues sustained over the years, such as chips and cracks. Dental veneers also act as a shield protecting your teeth from sustaining further damage.
Other reasons to receive dental veneers
- Worn enamel: over time our teeth natural enamel becomes worn down and dulled.
- Wear and tear: aged teeth are more likely to have cosmetic problems and have a generally uneven in appearance.
- Genetics: some people are unfortunately born with spacing between their teeth that widens over time.
- Uneven teeth: typically caused by grinding/gnashing of teeth, leading to bite problems (malocclusion) in addition to smile issues.
- Discoloration: tooth discoloration may not always be corrected through teeth whitening treatments. In which cases, veneers can offer a better solution.
- Preliminary: at your initial visit Dr. Bork will explain the entire process and take x-rays of your mouth
- Preparation: Dr. Bork will remove half a millimeter of enamel from your teeth and then make a mold to fabricate your veneers
- Placement: When the veneers are ready, Dr. Bork will check the fit and color of the veneers. She will then prepare the teeth by cleaning them thoroughly and roughening the surface to improve the adhesion of the veneer. The veneer is attached to the tooth with dental cement, then ultraviolet light is used to harden it quickly.
- Preservation: After that Dr. Bork will schedule a follow-up visit after few weeks to make sure the veneers are properly placed.
For more information:
If dental Veneers is something that you might be interested in and would like to learn more about, contact our offices in Allen, Texas to schedule an appointment.